39 Weeks per year – 3-6pm Monday to Friday
Responsible to Senior Cleaner and Site Manager
Start: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: £8.21
The David Nieper Academy is a newly formed Academy in Alfreton. A new school building was opened in early 2017 therefore this is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key component in the development of the new Academy.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a Cleaner to join a dedicated group of part-time cleaners who support the Site Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to function well as part of a team, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, have a ‘can-do’ attitude, be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Thank you for showing an interest in the post of Cleaner at the David Nieper Academy.
Our Academy is sponsored by the David Nieper Education Trust, together with local employer partners, who are highly committed in supporting the development and achievements of our students. With an innovative approach to teaching, hands-on learning and brand-new purpose-built facilities, which opened in early 2017, we believe that this is a truly exciting time to join the academy.
Our aim is to raise standards, expectations, inspire excellence and to encourage students to achieve their full potential. We will help them develop confidence and key lifelong learning skills and to obtain the qualifications required as they look to future careers and explore the many opportunities in further education, apprenticeships, university and beyond.
If you like the sound of the academy, and are keen to be instrumental in its future success, then we would like to hear from you and look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any queries or if you would like to visit, please contact Mrs Michelle Hackett, PA to Headteacher, via email at email@example.com
Kathryn Hobbs, Headteacher
How to Apply
To apply please complete and return an application form along with your covering letter, clearly demonstrating your suitability for this post. Send via email for the attention of the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Michelle Hackett, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to interview as soon as applications are received. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submission, please assume that unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Statement of Purpose
To work under the direction and instruction of the Senior Cleaner and Site Manager to undertake individually, or as part of a team, providing efficient and effective cleaning support to the school including ensuring that the general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards set by the school.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Carry out cleaning tasks as directed by the appropriate supervisor to include:
- Mop sweeping.
- Single solution mopping.
- Spray cleaning.
- Damp wiping.
- Waste disposal.
- Cleaning of toilet facilities and associated tasks required to achieve a high quality of cleanliness.
- Cleaning of fixtures and fittings.
- The use of appropriate cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring the safe use of chemicals, machinery and equipment when carrying out the cleaning function in line with current legislation, standards and Trust policies and procedures for Health and Safety and in accordance with training provided.
Support to Academy (this list is not exhaustive but reflects the ethos of the academy)
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the academy.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
Person Specification– Cleaner
|· Relevant qualifications
· Good standard in literacy and numeracy.
|· NVQ 1 or BICSs in Cleaning or similar.|
|· Ability to work constructively as part of a team.
· Ability to relate well to children and to adults.
· Good organising and prioritising skills.
· Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions.
· Awareness of COSHH regulations.
· Awareness of health and hygiene procedures.
· Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of materials and equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively using various methods.
· Able to demonstrate a commitment to team work.
· Able to work flexibly to suit client needs.
|· Experience cleaning in a school or other educational institute
|WORK RELATED CIRCUMSTANCES|
|· Able to work independently and as part of a team||· Flexible and prepared to work outside school hours in response to the needs of the academy and its users.|
|· Ability to communicate clearly with a customer focus with a willingness to help and support others
· Friendly yet professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect.
· Open, honest and an active listener.
· Takes responsibility and accountability.
· Committed to the needs of the pupils, parents and other stakeholders and challenge barriers and blocks to providing an effective service.
· Demonstrates a “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions, participating, trusting and encouraging others and achieving expectations.
· Is committed to the provision and improvement of quality service provision.
· Is adaptable to change/embraces and welcomes change.
· Acts with pace and urgency being energetic, enthusiastic and decisive.
· Communicates effectively.
· Has the ability to learn from experiences and challenges.
· Is committed to the continuous development of self and others by keeping up to date and sharing knowledge, encouraging new ideas, seeking new opportunities and challenges, open to ideas and developing new skills.
· To work within the spirit of Academy Policies on Equal opportunities, Child Protection, Health and Safety, Finance, Smoking etc.
Method of Application
- We will only accept applications on the David Nieper Academy application form. Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted.
- The statement in your application should focus on:
- Candidate’s previous experience which will help in successfully undertaking the role
- Personal skills to benefit the learning by students at the David Nieper Academy.
- For any queries or if you would like to visit, please email email@example.com
- Completed application forms to be returned via email for the attention of the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Michelle Hackett, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The academy operates a NO SMOKING policy on site.
- Interviews – Candidates invited to interview will:
- Have the opportunity to tour the academy
- Meet key members of staff
- Have a formal individual interview with the selection panel.