Who is entitled to free school meals?
Your child may qualify for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Young people age 16 to 18 who receive the benefits or tax credits themselves, rather than through their family, are also entitled to receive free school meals.
Please click here for more information or to apply for free school meals.
If your child already receives free school meals and you need further support please email firstname.lastname@example.org