In addition to the timetabled curriculum, it is important that students are able to access information from a variety of professional organisations. We work closely with other professionals to ensure our PSCHE, RSE and Citizenship curriculum is broad, balanced and meets the needs of our students. The organisations we have worked with recently include – but are not limited to:
- 1625 Outreach (Drugs & Alcohol Education) https://www.
- Rotheras Solicitors (Protected Characteristics & Discrimination)
- First Steps Charity (Mental Health and Self Esteem) https://firststepsed.
- Remedi (CEASE) (Abusive Relationships and Sexual Harassment) www.remediuk.org
- Manny Barot (Lessons in Hate workshop)
- Derby University Widening Access Team (Careers and Further Education)
- School Nurse (appointment and drop-in sessions every Tuesday)
- Derbyshire Police (consequences of sexting, nudes and consent assembly)
- David Nieper Ltd (Equality and Diversity in the workplace)
- Bright Futures (Enterprise and Employability workshops)
- West Notts College (T Levels and Apprenticeship assembly)
Please find links to our full PSCHE & Citizenship curriculum below. We always welcome feedback form parents, carers and the local community; if you would like to discuss the curriculum in more depth, or have any suggestions, please contact swilcockson@davidnieper.